Sunday, May 10, 2009

the comeback

For one reason or another, I've recently been inspired to start making jewelry again. And now I'm remembering how important artistic expression is for a balanced existence!

Here are some photos from 'The Comeback' series. Right now I'm really feeling turquoise combined with shells or pearls. The grey-brown tones of the shells and pearls allow the turquoise to pop. Gold or silver findings both add a nice touch to finish off the piece.

This double-strand necklace is made of brown turquoise, moonstone chips, champagne seeds beads and silver finishings. As a last-minute Mother's Day commission, it felt good to push myself to design the perfect piece. It's contemporary and classic and can go with a bunch of different outfits... a great summer piece. ;-) I call it "Loretta."

And lariats are the most fun to design because the end pieces make it customizable, more personal and special. I have old NYC subway coins for my next lariat!



This lariat is made of turquoise, pearls and silver and is finished with two Norwegian coins (called krone) and sterling silver wire. I call this one "Two Kroner."

If you want to keep up with my newest designs, click the sign-up button in the top left corner.

Happy Mother's Day! Thanks for stopping by straight no chaser!

2 comments:

  1. abs! these are both amazing! i am so glad that you are doing this and can't wait to see more! i subscribed to your feed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful. I'm so happy to see you getting your creative juices flowing. Funny, I'd been thinking about making jewelry too - I haven't done it in almost two decades.

    Best,
    Renee Dupree

    ReplyDelete